WORK AT GREEN LIGHT LAW GROUP
We are a litigation and business law firm for the marijuana and hemp industries. Our clients range from the world's most respected and well-established cannabis businesses to newly inspired entrepreneurs. Our attorneys are recognized industry leaders and provide unparalleled insight and guidance to our clients. Green Light Law Group delivers exceptional results for clients on complex litigation, transactional and regulatory matters across the spectrum of cannabis businesses.
Green Light Law Group is a great place to work. We have offices in Portland, Medford, and Seattle and are growing at a fast pace. Teamwork, personal growth and work-life balance are important to the firm culture. We are passionate about cannabis businesses and helping them succeed.
We are looking for a savvy, technically capable team member to help accomplish our robust and rapidly evolving 2021 marketing goals. The Marketing Coordinator is a critical member of our Marketing Team, will work directly with the VP of Marketing and help to implement and steer all our various forms of marketing outreach in several emerging cannabis markets.
- Manage our Hootsuite (or similar post management) account and timely posting of all GLLG Blog articles.
- Create Instagram Posts and Stories for all GLLG content, including Blog articles, press mentions, breaking news, staff profiles, webinars, events and more.
- Consistently engage with and grow our audience on all platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
- Design and create breaking news graphics and other original assets for our social posts using Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, or similar.
Green Light Law Group Blog
- Manage Blog Post calendar and assist editor of blog with maintaining post deadlines.
- Set up posts in website back-end, with appropriate SEO and brand guidelines.
- Maintain and constantly improve blog filters, tags, and keywords as directed for ideal SEO
- Observe and report on market trends and similar blogs.
- Assist with search for best-fit images for all blog articles on Adobe Stock.
- Attend weekly Blog Team meetings and serve as the administrative lead.
- Circulate critical stories as directed to local, national, and international reporters based on GLLG Blog or other current events happening at the firm.
- Monitor the web for all mentions of GLLG, add to press section of our website.
- Identify opportunities for GLLG attorneys to serve as expert sources in print, TV, radio, podcasts, and other media.
- Collaborate with VP Marketing and attorneys to determine monthly webinar content.
- Coordinate speakers and all necessary prep for upcoming webinars and educational panels.
- Digitally set up and moderate all GLLG webinars.
- Support the Oregon State Bar’s Cannabis Law Section by facilitating Zoom meetings and recordings.
- Edit webinar recordings using iMovie, or similar, and Vimeo, and post to Blog
- Assist VP Marketing and Manager of Client Services in developing booth design and strategy.
- Execute deliverables for event sponsorships.
- Occasionally, staff the GLLG booth at a variety of industry events.
- Develop a robust list-building strategy, with special focus on emerging legal rec cannabis markets.
- Design and execute traditional USPS mailings to target new and existing client groups.
Association Membership Management
- Keep current records of all organizations and memberships GLLG belongs to.
- Audit, calendar, and execute all deliverables and benefits for each association annually.
- Research new orgs to join and board position opportunities in emerging markets.
TRAITS THAT MIGHT MAKE YOU A FIT FOR THIS ROLE:
- 3-5 years experience executing marketing deliverables
- Social Media execution and strategy experience
- Creative Design Skills, Adobe Creative Suite
- Project Juggler, Self-Motivated & Directed
- Highly Tech Savvy
- Growth Mindset / Eager to Learn
- Creative person who wants to be part of a fun, friendly, hardworking team
REPORTING & AUTHORITY
The Marketing Coordinator reports directly to the VP of Marketing and is largely responsible for managing their own calendar. Office hours are 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., however, the occasional night or weekend commitment may be necessary for event sponsorships.
This position offers a respectful team culture, opportunities for professional development, a competitive salary, opportunities for performance-based increases and bonuses, plus the following benefits:
- 2 weeks PTO and additional 5 days sick leave;
- Paid federal court holidays;
- 50% of health insurance with dental option paid by the firm; and
- Work-life balance encouraged and acknowledged.
Most of our staff is continuing to work remotely for the remainder of 2021. There is a hybrid or full-time office option, depending on individual circumstances, with Covid-19 health & safety protocols in place.
Green Light Law Group welcomes and encourages candidates from diverse, underrepresented, and/or non-traditional backgrounds. If you are interested in the opportunity and believe you are a fit for the role on or off paper, apply. We look forward to meeting you.
Please send a cover letter addressing why you want this job and highlighting your unique qualifications to GLLG's VP of Marketing and Strategy, Selden Hernandez, at email@example.com, with "Marketing Coordinator Application" in the subject line.
Position open until filled.